1. Your skin will look more youthful. Water hydrates the skin, which stops it from drying out and looking dull. Some experts say drinking enough water each day is more important than applying expensive creams and serums.
2. Clear, bright eyes. When your eyes are red and irritated, you look tired. Skip the constant eye drops and drink more water!
3. Could prevent acne. It is said that drinking hot lemon water in the morning could reduce internal bacteria, therefore lessoning nasty acne breakouts. (hey, it can’t hurt to try right?)
4. Aids in toning and firming skin. Not just your face –all skin. Water fills up cells, making them tight and firm. This fights against wrinkles and cellulite.
5. Glossy, healthier hair. Water hydrates cells, and yes that includes your hair. Again, some experts say drinking more water is more important and beneficial to hair than expensive hair styling products.
A couture photo of me and my tumbler. This could be YOU.
OK now that you are convinced that water is just the greatest, how do you remember to drink the right amount? Here are my own tips:
1. Download the app: I downloaded an app called Water Your Body – it makes it easy to track how much fluid & water you drink daily. The app sends annoying notifications to your phone like “you have not drank any water today.” Then you feel guilty and go get a glass of water. It works. Because it annoys you and you want it to go away.
2. Get a Tumbler for your desk at work: I bought a 20oz tumbler and keep it on my desk at work. As soon as I get to work in the morning, I fill it up. When I drink it all, I immediately re-fill it. It’s big and bright pink, I couldn’t ignore it if I wanted to.
3. Hate plain water? I don’t, but some people do. I like Mio and Crystal Light water enhancers. I think most are 0 – 5 cals and come in a ton of flavors.
4. Start a Morning Routine: Drink a big glass of water in the morning when you wake up. It makes you feel more awake, and hey, you just got some water drinking out of the way. I’m usually a little dehydrated when I wake up, so this is a good trick.
5. Other things contain water, not just water: Think coffee, tea, fruit, etc. Many things consist mainly of water. Do a little research and try to work some hydrating drinks and foods into your routine.
6. Get a buddy: My husband also downloaded the Water Your Body app. Having someone remind you to drink water really works, as corny as it sounds. I also have a friend at work who is trying to drink more water. We fill up our tumblers together and hold each other accountable.
Hope this was helpful! I am totally new at this, but will update you guys on how I’m doing! Thanks for reading, as always!