Over the years, I've really tried everything lipstick-wise. Every finish, color, sparkles, you name it. After various makeup purges (you have to make room for NEW stuff, obv) I've realized which lipsticks have stayed with me, and which lipsticks I really should have tossed when I listened to No Doubt on a cassette tape. Here are my MOST favorite MAC lipsticks, and my least favorite. Now - least favorite does not necessarily mean they are bad. They just do not work for me. Here we go!
All the current MAC lipsticks I have in my collection!
As I said, I really do try to purge my makeup and only keep what I really use.
After this post, it looks like half of these poor babies might be seeing the bottom of my trash can.
My MAC lipstick Dream Team (from left)
Vegas Volt, Ruby Woo, Amplified, Flat Out Fabulous, Costa Chic, Chatterbox
- Vegas Volt - I was always a little afraid of wearing a too-orange lipstick, but this one convinced me. It's so bright and fun, but at the same time kind of a neutral that you could wear to the office or to the bar with friends. Versatile.
- Ruby Woo - I've heard people RAVE about Ruby Woo, saying it is by far the best "perfect" red in the world. I am in complete agreement. I've tried many other reds, and felt like I was either a hooker or a clown. This lipstick is sophisticated, and I am convinced it will look good on almost anyone.
- Amplified - This was one of the first MAC lipsticks I ever purchased, and it's still with me! It's a lot brighter in real life than in the photo - a punchy, bright, electric pink. Perfect summer color with just a little bronzer & mascara. This lipstick should definitely be the focal point.
- Flat Out Fabulous - This matte purple got me through fall and winter this year. This is one of MAC's newer shades, and it is a show stopper. I get compliments every time I wear it - it's kind of unexpected being purple and matte. I love wearing it with a touch of gold eye shadow and a little mascara.
- Costa Chic - This is an oldie but goodie. An awesome every day lipstick for spring and summer. It's more of a coralish pink, and always looks fresh. It makes me happy when I swipe it on - it makes me think of the beach!
- Chatterbox - I've been replenishing Chatterbox for years now. It's pretty much my go-to pink. You can wear this shade year round and always be on trend. With Chatterbox, you can play up your eyes without looking too overdone. Great texture, perfect pink.
The Worst of All Time
Lady Gaga's Viva Glam, Plink!, Win Win, Fabby, Sandy B, Ungaro's Pure Rose, Viva Glam V
- Lady Gaga's Viva Glam - I had such high hopes for this shade but it just didn't work for me. It's a VERY chalky pink. It might work better on someone with a very pale skin tone.
- Plink! I bought this shade when I was in search of a perfect every day shade. It's not awful, but it just falls flat on me. I see a lot of bloggers like this shade, so it could just be me who doesn't like it!
- Win Win - This shade is definitely lose lose. I thought I was going to LOVE it, but it's a big sparkly mess. There are CHUNKS of glitter in this lipstick that shed and go all over your face. NO.
- Fabby - I thought this would be a pretty shade, but it's kind of a brown pink. Not my thing. Almost makes my lips look a little dirty if that makes sense.
- Sandy B - Pretty shade, just not for me. It's a Frost finish, which I've learned I don't like.
- Ungaro's Pure Rose - This was one of MAC's special collaborations. I have the same problem with this shade as I do with the Lady Gaga shade. Too chalky and light.
- Viva Glam V - I've always tried to like the Viva Glam shades, since the money goes to a great cause. But this one is too brown for me. People with a darker skin tone or brunette hair might be happier with this shade.
What are your favorite MAC shades? Least favorite? Share with us! Xoxo